11.16.2009

holiday house swap

We have officially been married for 23 days. 23 days. In those 23 days we have decided plenty of things: #1 the girl gets the raw end of the deal when it comes to after wedding info. Change my name on/at ss card, drivers license, school board info, bank info, car insurance...and lots of other crapola. #2 we need a budget..a working budget...a successful working budget. We've enlisted some help for this: Dave Ramsey and Financial Peace University. Wish us luck, it's gonna be a battle. #3 now we officially start house swapping for the holidays (both of us...together). Holiday number uno as a married couple is Thanksgiving. We get to spend it with my family in Jackson at my little sister's new place...exciting! I'm sure that we will be told that plans have been made on his side but no one has informed us so far...so we made plans. Christmas will be really great this year. We'll spend Christmas Eve with Carey's family and split Christmas Day between his and mine. Every holiday to come, someone's feelings will be hurt or someone will not understand why we ar with the other family and when we have kids, Holy Moses it will be a battle! Maybe we'll just have everyone over to our house...maybe not. It's just one of those things you have to do...Who will win custody of Easter 2010? Wait and see!

On another note, I found this not too long ago from last summer. It was right after we got engaged and it still makes me laugh. Enjoy.

Alarm Clock vs. Phone

Sunday morning is our sleep in day. I know that it should be "get up early for Church day" but it still almost always turns into "sleep in and snuggle day." This Sunday was a bit different. The future-in-laws were coming to Ruston to spend the day with us. Gas prices are so high that Carey may have had to sell a kidney if we would of had to go there. Why him? Well that's simple...I like having both my kidneys. Having said that, the alarm(s) were set for 8 am so we could get up and straighten up, okay, clean like crazy.

During the school year, I get up at 6, take a shower, get ready and am out the door by 7. Carey gets to slumber until 8-8:45ish (lucky bastard). He usually hardly moves when I'm getting ready....I wish I could sleep like that. I have not been introduced to his way of rising for the day until this summer while my hours with work have changed. Carey has two alarms...an alarm clock and his phone alarm. I say two...but he hits the snooze button several times and sets the phone alarm to three and four different alarms (all during the 8:00 hour). So every 6-8 minutes we are awakened to different songs. Nothing says "Good Morning" better than "Gold Digger" at 8:15am.

Sunday morning, 8:27 am:
Phone Alarm: "She take my money when I'm in need..."
Me: "Carey, your alarm."
Phone Alarm: "Yea she's a trifflin friend indeed.."
Me: "CAREY! Your alarm!" (Nudge Nudge)
Him: "Grumble grumble grumble"
Phone Alarm: "Oh she's a gold digger way over town that digs on me" ( I swear these are
the lyrics)
Me: "Get up and turn it off please!"

So I hear him get up...and alarm is still going. Then I hear him hitting the alarm clock...not the phone alarm...the alarm clock that is Not going off. He looked so confused as to why it was not turning off. Poor thing. I roll over and say...

Me: "It's your phone alarm! NOT the alarm clock!"
Him: "Oh. HA!"
Me: "Aren't you supposed to be gifted?"
Him: "I am! But I'm also half asleep!"
(He went into the bathroom and I giggled to myself...he's so cute)

He turns it off and we snuggle until 10...no cleaning done but still a great morning. Me and my gifted fiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment